The local COVID-19 percent positivity is 8.7%, and rising. Up from 5.37% in the previous reporting period.
A layered approach to staying well in this pandemic is our best defense. Please visit www.WestonMA.gov/health to find vaccination, booster or testing appointments.
At our website you can also learn about what to do if you test positive or have symptoms or have known close-contact exposure to a positive person.
The Town of Weston Board of Heath, in alignment with the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Public Health recommends that well fitting masks be worn by all able persons over the age of 2, in indoor public places due to the high community transmission rate of COVID-19.
- Staff and visitors to municipal buildings should continue to mask in shared public spaces.
- Faculty/Staff and students of K-12 schools in Weston should continue to mask in alignment with the November 2021 School Mask Order.
- The January 2020 Federal Order continues which makes mandatory masks in certain settings including on public transportation, in shared ride services, health care locations and other congregate care settings.
We continue to encourage all eligible persons to seek vaccination and booster doses against COVID-19.
This Friday is a Pfizer Booster Clinic being offered in Weston in partnership with Mass DPH and Transformative Healthcare.Where:
Weston Community CenterWhen:
Friday, January 7, 2022 2:00 PM to 5:00 PMWhat: Pfizer booster
doses against COVID-19 (for eligible individuals aged 16+ for whom it has been 6 months since completion of primary series of either mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) OR
2 months since completion of Johnson & Johnson (Jaansen) single dosing. There may also be appointments remaining for first dose vaccination for individuals aged 5-11. This population received their first dose in Weston on Friday, December 17, 2021 and were scheduled for their second dose at that clinic.Register: Click this link to register for a PFIZER booster: https://home.color.com/vaccine/register/transformativehealth?calendar=c037cdc9-2202-4261-a4ba-a7cdfcd7b6a8
Note that the Pfizer clinic is open to the Town of Weston, not solely WPS employees
- Individuals will be vaccinated free of charge regardless of insurance coverage. If insured, please enter insurance information in the online registration. Once registered online there is no need to bring an insurance card to the clinic.
- If this date doesn’t work for you or the clinic registration is full please visit www.mass.gov/covid-19-vaccine to find another date/time.
- Please bring your vaccine card with you.
- Registered individuals will receive an email or text relating to potential weather related schedule changes as there is a Winter Storm Warning for Friday, 1/7/2022