2021 Roadway Reconstruction Program
The following roads are expected to be worked on this construction season. Also note the gas main work being completed by National Grid in the utility work section below:
- Ash Street - TBD, as sidewalk did not pass Town Meeting
- Kings Grant Road after drainage work is complete
- Newton Street - pending current drainage work
- Spring Road - Anticipate starting beginning of August
- Wellesley Street (milling)
- Ridgeway Road (milling)
- Linden Circle
- Stonecroft Road
- Winter Street (section)
- Hallett Hill Road
- Bittersweet Road - Anticipate starting beginning of August
- Hickory Road (gas work underway)
- Briar Lane
- Stony Brook Road
- Old Colony Road - complete gas work first
- Ferndale Road - complete gas work first
- Columbine Road - complete gas work first
- Dean Road - complete gas work first
- Chiltern Road
- Lantern Road - Anticipate starting beginning of August
- Old Coach Road - Anticipate starting beginning of August
- Longmeadow Road (water main replacement ongoing)
- Walnut Street (section)
- Crack sealing program for 2021
- Spruce Hill Road
- Bay State Road
- Buckskin Road & Whispering Lane
Road Cutting After Paving Moratorium
Once paving is completed on any roadway in Weston, a five-year moratorium on pavement cutting is placed on that road. This is done to protect the investment made by taxpayers. A five-year schedule of anticipated roadway reconstruction
is available on the DPW's web page under Capital Improvement Projects.
Town Center Improvement Project
The overhead lines are gone and the last pole has been removed. The DPW Director is working with the utility companies to improve the look of some of the interfaces and approaches.
Most of the hardscaping is completed and outdoor furniture in process of being installed. Hydro-seeding to begin next week and a few trees are being monitored for health.
Curbing and sidewalk work continues, and is anticipated to be completed by mid-August.
Final paving is anticipated by early September. This is weather and utility company dependent. Once that is complete, pavement marking and final signage will be installed.
Tentative Schedule for balance of work: 8/18-9/2
: raise all frames and grates (Eversource and Verizon dependent), mill locations in preparation for final paving, etc.After Labor Day
: Final paving at night with exception of tight tank area on Center Street, striping and signage completion, etc.
Traffic Management Plans are modified daily to maximize available parking for the businesses.