College Pond Skating during COVID-19
The Weston Recreation Department, with the help of Weston's Emergency Management Team, is proud to announce that we will be maintaining College Pond for outdoor skating during the winter months. Safe conditions will be announced when we observe 6 inches or more of ice thickness, there is clear access from the northern shoreline, and the surface has not been negatively impacted by snow or slush conditions. At all times, you are reminded to SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK as conditions can change without notice.
This season, to comply with state mandated COVID-19 regulations, we will be enforcing the policies below:
- Facemasks required at all times.
- Access is available to individuals and members of the same household.
- Maintain 6 feet or more of social distance from people in other households.
- No organized or spontaneous group activities will be allowed, including but not limited to pickup pond hockey or organized team warmup, practice, and scrimmage activities.
- The Warming Hut will remain closed throughout the season.
- Skate at your own risk.
Updates will be posted on the Recreation Department website
, through the Recreation Happenings email list
, and with signs on location. For questions, please email us
or call 781-786-6260.