Weston Recreation Skating Club
The Weston Recreation Skating Club will be offering Skate Lessons at Rivers School beginning on December 6th. All students will become members of the USFSA Basic Skills Program. This program will take students from beginning to advanced levels and is widely considered the most comprehensive ice-skating instruction available. Weston Recreation Skate Lessons focus on working with each student at a pace that they are comfortable at, so that lessons are enjoyable. Levels offered will be Snowplow Sam Levels 1-3 (Ages 4.5-6 years), Basic Skills Levels 1-6, (Ages 7 & Up), Fundamentals of Hockey Skating Levels 1 & 2 (Ages 7 & Up), and Adult Basic Skills.
Registration opens on Monday November 30, 2020 at 9:00 AM
Lessons are held every Sunday from December 6, 2020 – February 14, 2021 (cancelled Dec. 27th)
Lessons are for Weston residents only. All lesson participants must purchase a Weston Skate Club Membership to participate in lessons. A skate club membership will also allow admission to Family Skate times on Sunday afternoons.
Lesson Fee: $295 per person
Skate Club Fee: $45/individual or $65/Family
For lesson times and to register online please visit https://payment.westonmass.org/
The following Covid Guidelines will be strictly enforced at all times:
- Masks must be work by all participants and all spectators at all times
- Only one parent/guardian per child is allowed into the building/rink, no exceptions, no siblings allowed.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your lesson
- Arrive dressed to skate, locker rooms will be locked and off limits. Skates may be put on at the rink just minutes before the lesson
- Covid screening questions will be asked at the time of registration as well as before each lesson every week.
- Once a child is placed in a class that class becomes their skating cohort, there is no changing classes at any time.
- Parents/guardians/participants are asked to social distance at all times.