Housing Production Plan
Updating the Housing Production Plan - 2021
In 2015, Weston developed its first plan. The document is valid for five years.
In September of 2020, the Select Board appointed a new Housing Production Plan Steering Committee to work with a housing consultant to update Weston's HPP. All meetings of the Steering Committee are open to the public. Subscribe to receive notification of when the meeting agendas are posted online.
2015 Housing Production Plan
The 2015 plan was drafted by a housing consultant and overseen by a Select Board-appointed committee. Once the HPP was drafted, it was presented in two different public hearings in order to solicit resident feedback. After receiving public comment, the HPP was jointly approved by the Select Board (April 26, 2016) and the Planning Board (May 18, 2016) before it was submitted to the state for approval.
The Department of Housing and Community Development approved Weston's HPP on June 28, 2016.
The following documents were used in developing the final 2015 HPP.
- The Steering Committee Final Report to the Board of Selectmen and Planning Board (PDF)
- The Housing Production Plan (PDF) (entire report)
- Executive Summary of the HPP (PDF) (extraction)
- Housing Needs Assessment (PDF) (extraction)
- Housing Production Goals (PDF) (extraction)
- Housing Strategies (PDF) (extraction)
- March Public Hearings Presentation (PDF)
- Research of the Housing Needs and Strategies (PDF)
- Weston's Policies and Preferences for Affordable Housing (PDF)