Housing Production Plan
In 2015, Weston developed its first plan, which can be found further below. The document is valid for five years and is in the process of being updated.
Updating the Housing Production Plan - 2021
In September of 2020, the Select Board appointed a new Housing Production Plan Steering Committee to work with a housing consultant to update Weston's HPP. Since then, the committee has held two community input sessions and one public survey to help shape the updated plan.
The Housing Production Plan Steering Committee met with the Planning Board and the Select Board in a joint session on June 14, 2021 to present the updated HPP. The presentation and draft HPP follow:
- DRAFT Housing Production Plan - June 4, 2021 (PDF)
- Presentation to Select and Planning Boards - June 14, 2021 (PDF)
Public Comment Period Open to September 8th
The Select Board and Planning Board met again on July 13, 2021 and decided to extend the public comment period to September 8th. Comments may be submitted to the Weston Town Planner, Imai Aiu, at aiu.i[at]westonma.gov.
Comments received so far have been compiled on the following matrix:
All meetings of the Steering Committee are open to the public. Subscribe to receive notification of when the meeting agendas are posted online.
2015 Housing Production Plan
The Department of Housing and Community Development approved Weston's HPP on June 28, 2016.
The following documents were used in developing the final 2015 HPP.
- The Steering Committee Final Report to the Board of Selectmen and Planning Board (PDF)
- The Housing Production Plan (PDF) (entire report)
- Executive Summary of the HPP (PDF) (extraction)
- Housing Needs Assessment (PDF) (extraction)
- Housing Production Goals (PDF) (extraction)
- Housing Strategies (PDF) (extraction)
- March Public Hearings Presentation (PDF)
- Research of the Housing Needs and Strategies (PDF)
- Weston's Policies and Preferences for Affordable Housing (PDF)