Curbside and Browsing
As the Covid-19 situation and the state and town's reopening plans have evolved, we have had to change how many of our services operate.
For updates and information about COVID-19 from the Town of Weston, please visit Weston.org/Covid19. The town reminds residents that we can all do our part to help minimize the spread of this illness by taking the following steps:
- Social Distancing- maintain at minimum a 6-foot distance from someone outside your family and staying away from public gathering spaces, unless absolutely necessary
- Wash your hand hands and avoid touching your face- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Wear a mask while indoors
- Visit Weston.org/Health for additional information and facts on how the virus spreads, personal precautions you can take, and what is considered high and low risk
The library is very, very happy to announce that we have reopened browsing and computer use. We can’t wait to see you again, but using the Library will be very different.
In an effort to make it easier for patrons to safely visit the Weston Public Library and to stay in compliance with local health orders, we have put in place a state-of-the art system to monitor library occupancy. What does that mean for our patrons?
- Patrons will no longer need to reserve an appointment to visit the library. Just pop by during our browsing times listed below
- As you walk in, you will see a monitor to your right. If the screen is green and shows a picture of a door, come on in! If the screen is red and has a stop sign, please wait until others leave before entering.
- Once inside, please fill out a contact tracing slip.
If you want to get an idea of how busy the library is right now or to check if you can come in before leaving your car, check out our real-time tracking tool.
|Sunday||12:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Monday||10:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 PM||5:00 PM|
You will be able to:
- Browse and check out materials
- Ask librarians for help
- Use computers, copier, and scanner
You will be required to:
- Face coverings must be worn covering the nose and mouth while inside the library by all patrons over 2 years old, regardless of vaccination status.
- Please observe a six-foot physical distance from others at all times.
- Children 10 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older and must be within arm's length at all times.
- Please stay behind the Plexiglas when interacting with staff.
- Please use hand sanitizer before handling items. Please look with your eyes as much as possible.
- Abide by any staff instructions regarding safety
You will not be able to:
- Attend indoor in-person programs
- Use meeting rooms
- Play with toys
Curbside Pickup is now Vestibule pickup!
Want to just grab and go? Follow a few simple steps so we can have your items checked out and ready for you to grab when you arrive.
Patrons can place holds on items using the library catalog, through the MLN app, or by phone at 781-786-6150.
Let us know you want to pick up your items
You will be notified via email or a phone call from staff (if there is no email address for your account) that you have items ready for pickup. Just call the circulation desk at 781-786-6150 to let us know that you want us to prepare your items for pickup in the vestibule. We will check out your items and package them in a paper bag. They will be placed inside the library vestibule.
Pick up your items
Simply walk into the vestibule and find the bag of items with your name on the tag. Bags are generally arranged alphabetically by last name. Grab your bag and go. That's it.
We will leave packages that are not picked up for several days in the event you are unable to stop by on your requested day.
- Some items are not available for vestibule pickup (some Library of Things items). We will contact you if you need to come in.
Need to return items?
We are now accepting returns for all Minuteman Library Network items. Our outdoor book drop is open.