2021 Fiscal Year
- Report of the Select Board (PDF)
- Report of the Finance Committee (PDF)
- Report of the Community Preservation Committee (PDF)
- Revenue Projection-Budget Summary FY21 (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2021 Approved Operating Budget (PDF)
- Appendix 1 - Authorized and Issued Debt Service (PDF)
- Appendix 2 - Transfers from Reserve Fund (PDF)
- Appendix 3 - Community Preservation Act (PDF)
- Appendix 4 - Revolving Funds (PDF)
- Annual Town Meeting Warrant - Sept. 12, 2020 (PDF)
Recommended FY21 School Budget
The timing of the public health emergency caused by the coronavirus proved to be particularly problematic for many municipalities as the coronavirus halted the typical budget process for fiscal year 2021.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts implemented a new monthly budgeting process for municipalities to help keep municipal government running as the new fiscal year begins. This process allows for the Select Board in each town to approve a monthly (1/12th) budget, which is the bare-bones expenses to get the town through the month and excludes capital improvement projects or proposed hiring in the proposed fiscal budget. Weston's Select Board approved a monthly budget for July and August, and will do so again for September. Each 1/12th budget can be found below.
The 1/12th budget process is followed each month until Annual Town Meeting approves the fiscal year 2021 operating budget. Once Town Meeting adopts the entire fiscal operating budget, the monthly budget approvals will be null and void and the operations will follow the approved fiscal 2021 budget.
Annual Town Meeting was called for Saturday, September 12, 2020 and will be held outside.
Typical Budget Process
Weston’s Operating Budget is developed from October through March and is brought to Annual Town Meeting in May for approval. The Town Manager presents a recommended operating budget to the Select Board and the Superintendent presents a school budget to the School Committee. These recommended budgets are also presented to the Finance Committee. These presentations occur in January and kicks off the weekly meetings of the Finance Committee as the budget is further developed.
All meetings of the Select Board, School Committee, and Finance Committee are open to the public. Receive email/text notification of meetings posted to the Meeting Calendar or when board/committee agendas are available online. Subscribe at Weston.org/StayInformed.
Find more information on the Town’s financial management at weston.org/FinancialInfo
- Town Manager's FY21 Budget Presentation (PDF)
- Budget Transmittal Letter (PDF)
- 1 - Table of Contents (PDF)
- 2 - Revenue Projection (PDF)
- 3 - Budget Comparison (PDF)
- 4 - Budget Process (PDF)
- 5 - Budget Add-on List: Recommended and Not Recommended (PDF)
- 6 - Unclassified (PDF)
- 7 - General Government (PDF)
- 8 - Facilities Town-wide (PDF)
- 9 - Finance (PDF)
- 10 - Land Use (PDF)
- 11 - Public Safety (PDF)
- 12 - Education (PDF)
- 13 - Public Works (PDF)
- 14 - Health & Human Services (PDF)
- 15 - Public Library (PDF)
- 16-1 - Brook School Apts. Enterprise Fund (PDF)
- 16-2 - Recreation Enterprise Fund (PDF)
- 16-3 - Water Enterprise Fund (PDF)
- Capital Improvement Program (sec. 17-23): Table of Contents (PDF)
- 17 - CIP General Fund (PDF)
- 18 - CIP Cash Capital - Operations (PDF)
- 19 - CIP Water Enterprise Fund Debt (PDF)
- 20 - CIP Brook School Apts. Enterprise Fund Debt (PDF)
- 21 - CIP Community Preservation Act Debt (PDF)
- 22 - Five Year CIP - Recommended, Deferred & Future (PDF)
- 23 - CIP Process (PDF)
- Glossary of Terms (PDF)