How to Obtain Conservation Land Use Permit

Per Weston’s Conservation Land Use Policy & Regulations, group events and activities are prohibited on Town of Weston conservation land without a written Conservation Land Use Permit from the Conservation Commission. Group events and activities include group nature walks, bike rides, and runs, Scouting events, social gatherings, horseback riding events, dog walking events, and others.  

The Conservation Commission encourages anyone who would like to host a group event or activity on conservation land to apply for a Conservation Land use Permit at least 30 days in advance of their desired event date.

If you or your organization would like to host a group event or activity on conservation land:

1. Review Weston’s Conservation Land Use Policy & Regulations (PDF)

2. Fill out this online application for a Permit to use Weston Conservation Land
This is an online form that you can fill out directly on your computer and a copy of which will be sent to Conservation staff

3. Attach a sketch of where you would like to hold the event or activity - you’ll be asked to upload one on the form above
Tip: you can zoom into the conservation area you’d like to use for your event through MapsOnline, print a copy (or download a PDF), and mark it with the trails or areas you’d like to use.

Conservation Commission staff will review your request and respond promptly. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 781-786-5068 or conservation[at]